Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,your right hand will hold me fast.
Psalm 139:7-9



Saturday, October 20, 2007

Adventures?

Well, after all the adventures of last month, I guess things had to slow down a bit. After turning in the first assignment, I came down with a bad cough and a high fever and really didn't get much work done on the second assignment for several days. I also wasn't able to work at the clinic for about a week, which was kind of disappointing, but I suppose it's better not to spread my germs to minute old babies. Sarah was a life saver and took all of my shifts along with her own as well as taking care of me and working on her assignment in between. I'm sure she was relieved when I was well enough to start working again.

This last week was filled mostly with school work and trying to make up for days lost while I was sick. And I finally made it back to the birth room on Wednesday. I was very happy to be back. There were three labors there, and two of them started to push as soon as it was time for me to leave and go to class. That was kind of a bummer, but I guess that's just how things turn out some times.

My latest "adventure" was actually this morning, right here in the house. I had just gotten back from the computer repair shop (pray for my poor computer please!) and went up stairs to go to the bathroom and something must have happened to the door knob because as I tried to leave the bathroom the knob jammed and I was stuck! So I started yelling and banging on the door, but no one seemed to be around. After several minutes some girls who were outside doing laundry heard me yelling through the window and came upstairs to see what was going on. Those girls tried everything to get me out of there. They tried to fix the door knob, but that didn't work. Then they tried to take the door knob off, but it would not come off! Finally, after about 30 minutes, Janelle kicked in the door and I was free at last. I was very grateful to be out, as I'm sure you all can imagine!

Well, that pretty much brings you up to date on what is going on in my life lately. Please be praying that my computer gets fixed soon. It's very needed for school and communication home! Thanks everyone!

2 comments:

JennJo said...

Glad you're over being sick! Definitely praying for your computer to be healed.
Man, that IS an adventure. Don't think I can say I've ever been stuck in a CR for that long! ;-D

jenna and brianna konkle said...

hahha, oh my gOODness! ..the things you hear about (from your own roommates, no less) on their blog!
so thAT's the story behind the broken door knob... lol