Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,your right hand will hold me fast.
Psalm 139:7-9



Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Getting Started

Ok Everyone, here it is! My first blog. As most of you know, I'm getting ready to go to a Christian midwifery school in the Philippines. It seems like everything is happening so fast! One day I'm still wondering if I'm going to be accepted and then just a few short weeks later I'm looking at buying plane tickets! It's all still a little scary and very exciting.
It seems like lately God has been teaching me a lot about trust. That seems to be a recuring theme with me these last few years. Before it was trusting God to provide what I needed to go to Malawi. Then just getting on the plane and going! Then trusting God while being the only westerner at the base for three months. Then trusting God when I was going back home and had no idea what I was going to do! Trust seems to be one of those things that you always have to do a little more every day. So now, it's all about trusting God to provide money for school. I have no idea where all the support is going to come from, but I know that He's going to provide it. It's not something that I can do in my own strength. I really have no choice but to give it to God. But I still tend to try and take it back and worry and fret about it. I know that it does absolutely no good to worry about it, but I guess that we humans like to be in control, and maybe releasing control of it and giving it to God is something that I need to work on. So for now, if God brings it to your mind, please pray that I will be able to give this over completely to God. That I will have peace in my heart and mind and that my faith in Him will grow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Comment #4

Holly: I'm praying that GOD will supply all your needs and make a way for you to fulfill your vision of service to HIM in Africa.

LOVE YOU, Grandma