Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,your right hand will hold me fast.
Psalm 139:7-9



Monday, April 16, 2007

God is good all the time!


Can I just start by saying how amazing our God is! Even when my faith is weak and I'm feeling down, He just amazes me with His provision and power. I have been blown away by how God has shown His faithfulness and love to me this week.
This week has been kind of hard for me. It seems like everything happens at once. My elderly aunt collapsed and had to be taken to the hospital on Thursday leaving my uncle at home alone barely strong enough to take care of himself. So on top of all the stuff going on in my schedule, I was making hospital trips, cooking meals and cleaning for them. Along with the added stress to my schedule, I've also been worrying about some of the stuff that needs to happen in order to be able to go to school. Money's tight, and I have to buy a plane ticket to the Philippines by the end of the month. That one had me pretty scared. It's never cheap to fly out of the country and I definitely have been stretched already this past month. Then there was some of the medical equipment that I needed to buy and I could sure use some money for gas in my car! Well, Saturday I was really starting to feel down. Then I got a phone call from Sarah (a friend of mine who is also going to the same school) and she told me that someone she knows is going to sell us Fetal Doppler's for $75! A new, professional quality Doppler is usually at least $600! You would think that after that I would be convinced that God was in control and not worry any more about the other stuff. But no.. I still fretted. During church yesterday, I was having a hard time concentrating on the message because of everything going on, so I decided that it was time to do some serious prayer. This could not continue in this way. Some thing had to change. I was only making myself miserable. So I started to pray. I asked God why He would allow me to be accepted to school and then let things be so difficult for me (ok, I was whining a little). I told Him that I was feeling weak, and unable to continue. If He didn't intervene, then I didn't know how much longer I would be able to keep this up. I knew that this is God's will for me, and I have peace about it, but I was also getting tired of the spiritual warfare that always accompanies preparing to go to the mission field. I asked God to show me and those around me His power. To prove to us that He could provide when things seemed impossible. To bring glory to His name by keeping His word and helping His child as He promised He would. I afraid I didn't hear too much of the sermon, but God was working in my heart and by the end of the service I had a lot more peace in my heart. Following the service, I had to play a few hymns for a memorial service which I was happy to do for the grieving family. I have often done these sorts of things and feel honored to help. But then the lady who asked me to play handed me an envelope and thanked my for my music. Inside was $35. More than enough for gas in my car! That was a big encouragement. Then I headed out to meet a friend for lunch. She works with Teen Missions and she and I worked together in Malawi for about a year. I was sharing with her my concerns about being able to afford the flight to the Philippines and really just unburdening my heart to her. Then she told me that she was going to pray and talk to her husband about possibly helping me with this expense! Isn't God incredible? Every time I have a need He provides. In just a few hours after giving up my worry and fear to God, He miraculously provided for every need. I am in awe of His power and love and am so excited to see how He works in the future! This is only the beginning!

No comments: