Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,your right hand will hold me fast.
Psalm 139:7-9



Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Birth room stuff...

Yesterday I worked swing shift (2-10 pm). It started really slow with all the midwives just hanging out and Janelle occasionally checking in on the one labor that was there. After a while though we had another labor come in and Lois took her. She had two children who were 18 and 16 who were her banti's (companions) for the labor. She did wonderfully, but when the baby came out a few hours later it was making some attempts to breath, but not being too successful.
So the midwives started helping it with oxygen and the ambu bag and we did an immediate transport to the hospital. It was my first transport of a baby like that and it was an adrenaline rush to say the least. The baby's heart rate stayed stable though and while we were on the way to the hospital the baby started breathing better and we were able to just give it free flow O2. From the looks of it, the baby should make it just fine. So, we headed back to the clinic and cleaned up all the stuff from the birth and then I assisted at the other girl's birth. It was kind of a crazy evening, but I sure did learn a lot! And thankfully that baby was ok. Praise the Lord!


P.S. I just got a text message from Sarah saying that she caught her first baby this morning! Congratulations Sarah!

No comments: