Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,your right hand will hold me fast.
Psalm 139:7-9



Monday, December 3, 2007

It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!

I’m sitting in a coffee shop right now working on homework (well… maybe I’m procrastinating just a little bit once again) and there is Christmas music playing, and while I’m here in the air conditioning I can almost imagine it feeling like Christmas too! That will change as soon as I step back outside though.

I had prenatals again today. It was all brand new patients coming for their initial prenatal exam. It went pretty well. Initial prenatals always seem a little harder though. The babies are smaller and it’s more difficult to find the heart tones and palpate the position and then there’s always the one girl who believes she’s pregnant and then gets the sad news that she most likely isn’t. That’s always a disappointment, especially when you can see that they were really excited about being pregnant and wanted the baby so badly.

Sarah’s at work right now… and possibly going to get her first handle (catch a baby) today! I really hope she does. She’s so ready to. All the midwives at Mercy already are saying what a good midwife she’s going to make. What a blessing for God to have teamed me up with an amazing soon-to-be midwife!

Well, that’s all for today. I really should get back to homework. Yesterday, I was ahead of Sarah on the assignment and then she did a bunch of homework and passed me again while I was at prenatals this morning. Maybe if I’m really productive I can catch up to her again before student group tonight…

1 comment:

Mai Catarina said...

Thanks Hol. I feel the same way.